Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Radio Cabinet Redo


First of all, I want to acknowledge that it seems totally insignificant to blog about furniture redo’s when our nation is in mourning.  I have spent the past 5 days struggling like all of you to understand.  We may never get the answers and even if we do nothing takes away the loss of the precious little lives we lost on Friday at Sandy Hook. I am praying and mourning for the families that are burying their loved ones this week and I am treasuring the time I have with my own children.  We just never know.  I refuse to live in fear and am fighting back by living and loving today. 

I picked up this fun radio cabinet at my favorite antique store and my mother in law claimed it on the spot!
BEFORE:
DSC_5786
I love the curves and the detailing on the bottom!  My awesome mother in law was game for a fun color and it was so much fun to finish this piece.  We chose a custom mix of Annie Sloan paint to get this great deep peacock color.
AFTER:
DSC_6692
DSC_6679
Does this color look familiar?  It’s the same one I used here:
DSC_5619
and here:
DSC_5562
Linking up to:

Liz Marie Blog


Embracing Change

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for this post. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for this post. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for this post. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool piece! and I feel the same way as you. It's hard to think of anything else when such a tragedy has happened.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous color!!! Love what you did!
    Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your piece is gorgeous. What Annie colors did you mix together for this beautiful blue?

    ReplyDelete