Friday, January 13, 2012

Blue/Gold Before and After (sold)

If you follow me on Pinterest at all, you know that I have been obsessing over the blue/gold color combo lately. This is so funny to me because I remember back in the day thinking gold was the ugliest thing ever! My mom’s ring was SO outdated because it was gold and I couldn’t imagine not having the silver set for my ring. Well lookie who has been eating her words of late! I am in LOVE with gold! It can be such a fantastic statement color and especially when paired with a great, bold color.

When I came across this dresser I instantly thought the original hardware needed to be highlighted and the centerpiece of the dresser. It has this fantastic gold/brown patina and I didn’t want to mess with it at all! The dresser had seen better days as you can tell from this horrible phone picture.

BEFORE:

DSC_3882

I painted her in a fantastic true peacock blue (Annie Sloan Aubusson Blue)

AFTER:

DSC_4015

DSC_3981

I was having so much fun with this color that I didn’t want to stop! Here is another spindly little side table in a great blue/red combo: (sold)

DSC_3987

DSC_4001

DSC_4006



Linking up to:

IHeart Organizing

five days five ways | feature friday free for all

14 comments:

  1. i am SO in love with that dresser- the shape, the style, the color.... fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids will love the color combination & the furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - your pieces are awesome! I'm a total Craigslist addict myself. I was wondering... when you buy a piece, how much do you usually mark it up when selling it? I find that some Craigslist pieces are over-priced and it seems like they would be difficult to resell if you marked them up too much. Do you have a standard way of buying/selling?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both pieces are amazing! I love that color! Thank you so much for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply yet makes a great statement, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this color!!! I love the shape of the dresser, and the paint color together look like they were made for each other!! WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, both pieces are just beautiful! Aubusson is my favorite ASCP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't be more in love with both pieces!! I'm absolutely obsessed with blue and gold!! I would love for you to come share tomorrow over at passionatelyperfect.com! Your newest fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your pieces are absolutely stinkin' gorgeous!!

    Thought you might want to know that I'm featuring you tomorrow for Feature Friday Free-for-All!

    Thanks for linking up! : )

    Hope you'll be back to share some more of your awesomeness!

    P.S. I'm a new follower. : )

    ~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a new follower of yours :). Found you through Kathleen's feature of you. Love your style, that turqouise dresser is amazing!!

    Hop on over to my place of you'd like!
    www.paintedparlor.blogspot.com

    Cheerio
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow...love this combo.The gold gives the turquoise so much depth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! I love this color! We have it in our paint stash and need to paint more with it.

    Kacey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, I love this! All your pieces are beautiful, but the color on this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete